Learn to Glide Package
It is very important that you first fully read and agree to the
Terms & Conditions of Sale.
Please note that we are currently unable to take online payments using Maestro.
If you would like to pay using Maestro please call the Scottish Gliding Centre office on 01592 840543 and we will be very happy to deal with your request.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Terms & Conditions of Sale
Please read these carefully and if you are uncertain or want to discuss things first please
contact the club.
- You should ensure that the person for whom you are buying this package is medically fit.
- The package includes 3 months membership starting from the day of the first flight plus £220 credited to the flying account.
- Booked flying with our professional instructors is charged at 15% above the standard rate. This applies to the first flying session and any other booked sessions. Ad hoc flying with our volunteer instructors is charged at the standard rate.
- The package is non refundable and has a validity of six months from date of purchase to when the first flight is taken (or from December 25th if bought as a Christmas Gift).
- Gliding is a very weather dependent sport and you may need to make more than one booking before we are able to provide your first flight.
As a general guideline, we are unable to fly when it is raining, when there is low cloud or when there are particularly strong winds.
- The minimum age for gliding lessons is 14. There is no maximum age - health and fitness permitting.
- For technical reasons we are unable to fly people of less than 7 stone (45kgs), or heavier then 16 stone (102kg).
Anyone taller than 6'2" (1.88m) should make arrangements to sit in a glider and check that they fit prior to purchasing a voucher.
- The Scottish Gliding Centre is a club run principally by its members. The office is not manned on every day of the week,
so next day delivery cannot be guaranteed. The 'Learn to Glide' package will normally be despatched by first class post within 3 days of receipt of your order.
- There are minimal health requirements to fly in a glider as a trainee and you will be required to sign the following health
declaration before flying. Please do not purchase this package if you are unable to sign this declaration.
I declare that:
- To the best of my knowledge I have never suffered from any of the following conditions which may create or lead to a dangerous situation in flight:
Epilepsy fits, severe head injury, recurrent fainting, giddiness or blackouts, unusually high blood pressure, coronary heart disease.
- In the event of my contracting or suspecting any of the above conditions or any other physical or mental condition which might
result in my being a danger to myself or others whilst flying a glider, I will cease to fly until I have obtained medical opinion and authority
to resume flying.
Notes: The following conditions may cause difficulty while flying: chronic bronchitis, severe asthma, rheumatic fever, chronic sinus or ear disease, diabetes,
kidney stones, severe travel or motion sickness, severe migraine, any psychiatric condition. If you suffer, or have suffered any of these conditions you are advised
to take medical opinion before flying. The following will probably make you temporarily unfit to fly: minor illnesses including head colds, medication,
donation of blood. If you normally wear spectacles you must always carry a readily accessible spare pair whilst flying.