Please read these fully and carefully. If you are uncertain about any point or want to discuss things first, please contact the office.
- You should ensure that the person for whom you are buying this voucher is medically fit - see the declaration below for more information.
- Contact the office to find out when Trial Flights are available.
- Mini Courses are available Monday to Friday throughout the year.
- Please note that vouchers are non refundable and have a validity of one year from date of purchase.
- Under exceptional circumstances the voucher may be transferred to another user.
- Gliding is a very weather dependent sport and you may need to make more than one booking before we are able to provide your flight. As a general guideline, we are unable to fly when it is raining, when there is low cloud or when there are particularly strong winds.
- The minimum age for gliding lessons is 14. There is no maximum age - health and fitness permitting.
- For technical reasons we are unable to fly people of less than 7 stone (45kgs), or heavier than 16 stone (102kg). Anyone taller than 6'2" (1.88m) should contact the office to sit in a glider and check that they fit prior to purchasing a voucher.
- The Scottish Gliding Centre is a club run principally by its members. The office is not manned on every day of the week, so next day delivery cannot be guaranteed. Vouchers will normally be despatched by first class post within 3 days of receipt of your order.
- There are minimal health requirements to fly in a glider as a trainee and you will be required to sign the following health declaration before flying. Please do not purchase a voucher if you or the intended recipient are unable to sign this declaration.
I declare that:
- To the best of my knowledge I or the person I am buying the voucher for have never suffered from any of the following conditions which may create or lead to a dangerous situation in flight: Epilepsy fits, severe head injury, recurrent fainting, giddiness or blackouts, unusually high blood pressure, coronary heart disease.
- In the event of me or the person I am buying the voucher for contracting or suspecting any of the above conditions or any other physical or mental condition which might result in me or them being a danger to myself or others whilst flying a glider, I /they will cease to fly until I have obtained medical opinion and authority to resume flying.
- The following conditions may cause difficulty while flying: chronic bronchitis, severe asthma, rheumatic fever, chronic sinus or ear disease, diabetes, kidney stones, severe travel or motion sickness, severe migraine, any psychiatric condition. If you suffer, or have suffered any of these conditions you are advised to take medical opinion before flying.
- The following will probably make you temporarily unfit to fly: minor illnesses including head colds, medication, donation of blood.
- If you normally wear spectacles you must always carry a readily accessible spare pair whilst flying.