The main criteria for acceptance onto the scheme are:
- being keen to learn to glide
- being willing to do your share of the work
- having enough free time and transport to get to the airfield regularly
- a mature attitude to safety and training
- determination and perseverance, to repay the SGC for subsidising your training.
Learning to fly is a big commitment and it's important to attend regularly to make progress. You need at least to be aiming at coming once a week, though we accept that bad weather and other commitments mean that won't always be possible.