The Scottish Gliding Centre has an exciting opportunity for a self-starting food lover who is looking to develop their love of food and catering.
We are a membership club who host regular gliding and member events. We are open to the public too and we’re looking for a someone special who can take the lead on our catering offering and make it shine!
Right now, we’re flexible as to the format of the role, and want to hear from anyone who has ideas about how they would run it. Employed, self-employed, franchise model – we’re open to discussion and looking forward to hearing from you!
Here are the basics of what’s needed:
- an experienced and dynamic person with ambition to improve and develop the catering option
- creating varied and interesting menus using high quality ingredients
- excellent food presentation skills
- stock ordering with an eye on cost saving and value
- knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment
- understanding of portion control and GP per dish
- food hygiene qualification
- excellent customer service
- cash handling and cashing up
- general cleaning of all kitchen and service areas
- working with management to continuously improve and develop the catering offer
- excellent communicator
- professionalism and commitment
- positivity and enthusiasm
The Scottish Gliding Centre has almost 200 members and our club is one of the oldest in the UK, we have regular events and visitors and are looking for a candidate who can work well under pressure and bring new ideas to the catering offering. You’ll work closely with the Office Manager, but will have a good degree of autonomy.
We’d love to hear from you and your ideas on how we can deliver a exceptional food offering. Send us a full CV and covering letter detailing why we need you!